Monday, August 16, 2010

AUGUST!

Quick grab the remote, press fast forward and take a giant leap into September.  Or can we press the delete button on the computer and send August into cyber space forever?????

August is the worst month of the year,  especially the week from 12th to 18th.  The reason for me disliking August is my beautiful Mum died on 12th August, 1978 after a long fight with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.  My Dad struggled on without my Mum for another seven years then he died also on the 14th August.

August has also been when my Aunty Jean (Dad's sister) died and  my Uncle Don (Mum's brother) died 31st August 1986. During August 1986   I was diagnosed with pneumonia and as it was THAT time of year I was sure the GRIM REAPER was coming for me.  It was a very scary recovery time.

So from the time the clock strikes twelve on the 31st July until the clock strikes twelve on the 31st August I feel like holding my breath, closing my eyes and charging like a bull into September.  It makes me want to wrap my family in cotton wool and hibernate so nothing happens to us. 


Its very weird though as all three of my children's partners are born in August.  My youngest daughter's partner only two weeks after my Mum died.

I know life goes on and as a person dies a baby is born, but my heart hurts so much and I am not good company during this time.   So if you see me during August hopefully you will understand if I appear to be a bit distracted.

2 comments: