Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday glorious Sunday

What a gorgeous day it is today for a Winters day.  The sun is shining and there is a slight breeze but it is just lovely.

I had a huge sleep in to try to recover from my tummy bug.  Then sat in the kitchen whilst Bruce whipped up a batch of pumpkin and date scones for lunch.  Whilst he did this I tried to make a special present for my grand daughter Amelia's 8th birthday next month.

After lunch Bruce went on his usual Sunday errands so I went for a 25 minute walk around the block.  The walk is on 'doctors orders' mind you to try to bring my blood pressure down.  I kept myself going by counting my steps to take my mind off all the aches and pains. 

There are lots of beautiful cherry blossom trees blooming, so a sign Spring is on the way.  I enjoyed looking at all the gardens to try to get ideas for mine. Gradually getting a garden going after having brown thumbs for so many years.

Now I am waiting for Bruce to return home and relaxing catching up on face book.

Just hope next Sunday is as beautiful as this one for Chris's birthday in the local park.

2 comments:

  1. Got to tend to your facebook peeps! ;-P

    Eating date scones after your tummy bug is as clever as me eating the all bran last night.

    I spent the majority of the day in bed, weird day here....Tyler got up for food for JackJack and we all snoozed the day away

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I think the scones didn't agree after all. hope you are feeling better after your choccie and all bran incident. REMEMBER FIBRE IS NOT OUR FRIEND.

    ReplyDelete