Thursday, March 11, 2010

only feels like yesterday I was rushing around having my hair done and getting ready for my wedding. when my brother came to drive Dad, my niece and I to the church felt like the longest wait of my life. He drove past our house so we could have a look at it and fill in some time.
walking down the isle on my Dads arm to meet my future husband was nerve wracking with everyone staring at me, as I was really shy in those days. we listened to the minister and took our vows but he didn't say anything like you may kiss the bride. so we did anyway.
after leaving the church we had heaps of photos taken, then my brother drove us to my sisters for the reception. after that we left for our first night together as husband and wife.

The following day we caught the train to Sydney for our honeymoon. We thought we heard an announcement that we were stopping at moss vale for 10 minutes, so got off to stretch our legs. We both decided to go to the toilet, when I heard the train departing. I ran out yelling to B to hurry so we could run to catch the train. It was too late. All embarrassed we went into the ticket masters office where is asked us a million questions. BUT WHY WOULD YOU GET OFF THE TRAIN TO GO TO THE TOILET WHEN THERE IS ONE ON THE TRAIN??? We were worried about our hand luggage whether it would be in Sydney when we arrived. the station master managed to get us seats on a suburban train which seemed to take forever to arrive in Sydney.

It took ages to find our luggage when we arrived then we caught a taxi to our motel. boy it was a real eye opener with cockroaches and a dead rat in the oven. great start to married life. we ate most of meals in a lovely little cafe downstairs.
One day we went for a walk and I said that's a nice shop, going to step inside. B quickly stopped me as it was a brothel. Oops me being so naive didn't know about those things.
Anyway we enjoyed our honey moon with lots of exploring around Sydney and trips on the ferries. the week went way to fast. We arrived home to a lovely surprise of our house set up nicely by B's parents.

We both had another week off work before we returned to work.

Yesterday was our 31st wedding anniversary. Wow that sounds such a LONG time. I think we have done well to reach that milestone but hopefully there will be plenty more years in this old girl and boy yet.

I will fill you in on what has taken place during the 31 years some other time.
bye for now L :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is the 1st I've heard about the brothel and that Grandma and Papa set your house up! oOo Wonder what else I'll learn through you blogging ;)

    You should get Chris to set your blog up with cow theme!!

    ReplyDelete