Friday, April 2, 2010

NEIGHBOUR DAY

Sunday 28th March was Neighbour Day in Australia.  We haven't been able to attend it before for various reasons, so this year Jen, Jack and I decided to venture down to check it out. It was held at our local park which is half way between Jens house and mine., so we both walked down to meet each other there.

I arrived first and saw the covered bbq area decorated with streamers and balloons but wasn't sure if it was a private birthday party or the neighbour day.  As I sat at a table waiting for Jen and Jack a lady came up asking if I wanted a sausage. I explained I was waiting for my daughter, so she moved onto the next lot of people.



preparing sausage sizzle


A short while later she came back saying come over and meet some people whilst you're waiting for your daughter.  So she introduced me to the group cooking the sausages and then some other ladies sitting at a table.  Jen and Jack arrived then we all enjoyed some lovely sausages. the other ladies told me about a group at the local neighbour hood house telling me I would be welcome to come.

Jack and Nanny eating                  















                                          Jen enjoying her snags







                                              



Jack went off to play whilst I sat chatting to everyone and finding out about whats been happening in the neighbourhood.



Ready, Set, Go!


It was a lovely day which we all enjoyed. I am looking forward to joining my group after the school holidays and catching up with all the people again.

1 comment: