Tuesday, April 6, 2010

POTTY MOUTH

                                                           NO SWEARING


A favourite saying in my house is "what would your mother say if she saw you doing that?" Yes my Mum would be horrified seeing how her daughter has grown up into a POTTY MOUTH. As kids we used to get into trouble saying 'I'm a guts',  damn and bloody were considered swear words.


It wasn't until I married that I was influenced into using more colourful language which I used to find offensive. Recently I have been dropping the F-bomb quite a bit and also after being taught by my husband I"ve got something in my pocket for you, showed it in front of my eldest granddaughter.  As they say monkey see monkey do.  Now she goes around saying I've got something in my pocket for you, and gets herself into trouble because of me.

                                        FLIPPING THE BIRD


Nanny now realises what a bad influence I have been and want to SHOUT OUT  "I AM SORRY TO ALL SEVEN OF MY GRANDCHILDREN" for being such a POTTY MOUTH. from this day forward I will try my hardest not to drop any swear words in front of the kids. I also ask that the adults don't make anything explode  delibrately in front of me which scares me and therefore makes the F-bomb slip out without thinking.


Chris I am a nice person, just don't know whats got into me lately.   I will try my hardest to return to being meek and mild.

6 comments:

  1. EVERYONE swears these days Mum, it's such part of the vocab that often we don't even notice.
    I don't think you need to consciously stop swearing, coz you'll be trying so hard you'll censor yourself to the point where you don't get articulated what you want to say ;)
    It ain't pretty to purposely teach little kids to swear though, it ain't funny when they swear. But you didn't INTENTIONALLY teach her, it was an accident

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh Mum. I hope us asking you to stop doing "I'VE GOT SOMETHING IN MY POCKET FOR YOU" didn't hurt your feelings and
    made this blog come about. I only asked for it to stop as Amelia was constantly doing it to people and I didn't want to find that she went to School next term and did it to a teacher or student as that wouldn't exactly go down too well.
    I'm sorry if we've made you feel bad in any way as that was never Chris or my intension.

    Chris knows that you are a sweet lady and was only joking with you about not realising you swear so much. On everyones part it was all just a bit of fun I think so please don't feel bad and don't beat yourself up about it as really don't need to.

    I love you for everything that you are....the sweet....the naughty and the potty mouth that comes out verrrrry rarely

    ReplyDelete
  3. My feelings aren't hurt. when chris said that yesterday it was a knee jerk. I didn't realise he was joking at the time. also I know I influence the grandkids in the things I do. like licking my fingers to change a page. I don't want to be remembered as a potty mouth. I want to be remembered as the nice nanny that made them laugh and gave good cuddles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People say the same about me when they get to know me, suprised how much of a potty mouth I am! But oh well, that's me!! ;-P
    Being potty mouthed isn't a bad thing Mum, and you ARE a good Nanny in their eyes ;)
    Your 2nd littlest Grandson was asking for you in his sleep the other night ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Linda, I am sorry for making you feel this way. I find you a very lovly lady, It was just i was shocked to hear and see what has come out of your mouth. I hold respect for you in the highest. You are the type of mum i wish i had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that melts my heart that jack jack was asking for me in his sleep. see I must have some influence on them. I would hate them to copy my potty mouth and get themselves in trouble either at school or home, which I know Millie has.

    (down on my bent sore knee)
    I AM SO SORRY

    ReplyDelete