Thursday, April 21, 2011

PINES PRIDE DAY

Pines Pride day was held on Sunday 20th March this year.  I arranged to meet Jen, Tyler and Jack down there as it is half way between our houses.  It was a beautiful sunny morning, clear blue skies just a perfect day.
I arrived first, whilst waiting I watch a demonstration by the fire brigade which was interesting.

demonstration of a ladder rescue




Then we wandered around to all the exhibitions where Jack enjoyed doing lots of crafts.  Then Jack noticed the Thomas jumping castle, so we headed in that direction.

On the way there I was distracted by an air tattoo place.  Jen has been trying to talk me and Cindy into getting mother/daughter tattoos.  I am a chicken and Bruce is DEAD against tattoos so I have piked out.  When I saw this I joked to Jen we should get one to trick Bruce.  So Tyler took Jack onto look at the rides whilst Jen and I lined up for our tattoo.
Even though it was only an air blast one Jen said I looked nervous, silly me!  Me decided on a teddy bear tattoo which is very appropriate as I call Bruce, Brubear.
air tattoos

Then Jen and I met the boys at the dodgem type cars where Jack was really interested in them as they ran on a rail but didn't have inside wheels.  He was a big boy and had his first turn on one of these rides.  He was very proud of himself.  All the other kids kept giving people hi fives as they past them but Jack was a good driver and kept both hands on the wheel at all times.
dodgem cars





We then went to the jumping castle where you had to line up behind a barrier to wait for you turn.  This was really well run as they only let a small group in at a time and all the other people waited BEHIND A BARRIER.  Jack had so much fun jumping on this and was virtually the only one on at one stage.


jumping castle


We walked over to the amphitheatre to watch a singer who turned out to be Timomatic from the tv show so you think you can dance.  He performed with two other guys and got a few audience members up to join in the singing and dancing.


Timomatic

Then it was off to the animal enclosure where Jack cuddled the baby calf and patted all the little ducklings.


animal farm





We then went our separate ways back home where I showed Bruce my tattoo.  His reaction was 'THATS NOT PERMANENT I HOPE.'  I joked that it was and that I had chosen it because it is my Brubear. LOL!

It was a fantastic day thanks to all the organisers who did all the hard work.

1 comment: