Friday, April 1, 2011

WHO AM I?

I was adopted into my present family well over twenty years ago when a little girl fell in love with me at her Grandma's house. She asked if she could take me home as she loved me so much.  Since then I have stood motionless overlooking everyone that enters my room. The little girl, her brother and sister have all grown up and now they bring their family to visit me.  No one ever speaks to me or probably never notices me looking at them.  If I could speak I would amaze you by the stories I could tell. Not once have I complained of sore feet or legs from standing in the same position. I knew one day I would be called upon to perform an important duty but until that day arrives I will wait patiently.  Can you guess who I am?


Bruce did our grocery shopping on Friday this week due to road works out the front of our house.  I usually write him a list of what I can remember we need and down the bottom a list in RED of items we don't need. As Bruce has a habit of doubling if not trebling up on things due to a fear that the shops might be closed and we will not be able to purchase thing as as we run out.  The family joke that they could do their grocery shopping at Nanny and Papa's as we have a STORE ROOM with two shelves stacked full of grocery items. Occasionally we do run out of things but very rarely.

Anyway Friday afternoon I went to the toilet and noticed our basket which holds our spare toilet rolls was empty.  We only had one roll on the holder which I didn't think would last the day, checked the store room to see we didn't have any spares.  So I sent an sms to Bruce at work saying we were onto our last toilet roll and he replied OK Darling. That one roll did last until Saturday morning luckily.  Then I remembered our little friend on the window ledge so brought her down to use her toilet roll. We were saved until we could get to the shops.

After lunch we had a few things to do down the peninsula then went to the supermarket where Bruce lived up to his reputation by buying not one packet of toilet rolls but two packets of 18 toilets rolls.  So now we have 36 rolls to last for ages, don't think we will run out again. LOL!

So did you guess who I was?  Yes that's right I am the toilet roll doll with a pretty dress filled out by a toilet roll.  We have taken you for granted over the years but thank goodness you were there to rescue us, we really appreciate it. How many other people had a Grandma with one of these dolls?

Unfortunately when I gave her a bath she lost half her hair. Poor toilet dolly.

No comments:

Post a Comment