Thursday, April 7, 2011

WHERE'S WALLY/WALDO?

Life is like a big WHERE'S WALLY game you soon learn you are just another face in the crowd.  As the saying goes put your hand in a bucket of water, pull it out and there is no evidence you where there. 

Yesterday as I sat in my doctors waiting room one of my favourite customers who used to stop to talk to me on a regular basis when I was working actually sat next to me.  His wife went into the treatment room then for further tests.  I made eye contact with both of them and smiled BUT they both looked straight through me. I was just another face to them not the door greeter who they used to stop and talk to.

This is not the first time this has happened I have run into other customers since leaving work less than two years ago who used to stop and have a good chat with me when I was on the door.  Is it the uniform that makes the difference or they just don't remember?  Maybe it is the uniform as even when I have visited my former work a lot of  my colleagues look right through me also.I usually have a good memory for faces and can pick someone out that I knew years ago when my children were young.  So it is sad when other people don't remember me.

Apart from a few work friends I keep in touch with and my face book friends I have learnt my true friends are my family.   They are always there for me no matter what through thick and thin.  I would be lost without my husband, kids, grandkidlets and my wonderful sisters who all mean the world to me.

Even the person who I have known for over 20 years has virtually abandoned me.  The last time I saw her was before Christmas and now I come to think of it I was the one doing all the visiting last year.  She has not come to visit  right through out my ordeal in January/February.
                                                 WHERE'S WALLY?
So I guess I will go back to being a face in the crowd like where's Wally.

No comments:

Post a Comment